How To Stop Binge Eating

Tips to stop overeating, stop emotional eating, stop eating fast food, stop eating junk food

5300 calories eaten yesterday….

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Help 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

annesmith
    Participant

This is my first time on this forum. I hope it helps me. I have been in a cycle of binge eating for 12 years. Recently I have been working on losing weight and getting in shape. But I am still in the same cycle, which is eat healthy for 5-6 days and then freak out and eat everything in sight for a day. It seems that what sets it off the most is when I go to parties with my friends and I watch them all drinking and overeating and then I lose control. Unfortunately, when I lose control it is alone at night.

Help
    Participant

Hey are you interested in partnering up and tackling this task together? I have the same problem as you, except I am fortunate enough to only have been bingeing for a year (a little over). But I have slowly been improving these past couple days. I know we can both do this if we seriously stick together. I am going to make minor minor changes each day to improve my health and mental and physical strength. Please agree to stick with me and we will recover, and then lose the weight. We can do this, we are strong enough.

fatgirl
    Participant

Can I join for recovery support? I have been struggling with BED for about 2 years, and my weight has been up and down, and now it is out of control. Completely and totally out of control. I have so much weight to lose to get back to “normal weight” and it’s extremely overwhelming. It’s really hard to not concentrate on how much weight I need to lose, and I’m so down right now. I feel like every time I sit down for food, I end up bingeing. I don’t have the 5-6 healthy days to make up for all the bingeing. I live by myself, and that makes it much harder to stop. I haven’t exercised in such a long time, and I always say I need to lose some weight BEFORE I exercise – even though I know that sounds kind of silly and ridiculous… This BED is affecting every part of my life – finances, friendships, happiness. It’s time to stop. I’ve said “this time is the last time” more times than I could possibly imagine or count. In need of support. This HAS to be the last time.

Help
    Participant

FatGirl, soon to be healthygirl, we are going to partner up. I myself am not near perfect yet, but I am absolutely ready to stop bingeing. I actually excersize a lot because soccer kinda makes me and I am training for a half marathon. So in that sense I am good. But the eating has to stop. PM me and we will set this thing up!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.