How To Stop Binge Eating

Tips to stop overeating, stop emotional eating, stop eating fast food, stop eating junk food

21 days binge free – let`s learn a new behavior

Home Binge Eating Forum Eating Accountability Journal 21 days binge free – let`s learn a new behavior

This topic contains 37 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  Lydia 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author

Smiley1980
    Participant

Dear All,

I have read that it takes 21 days to learn a new behavior. After reading “Brain over Binge” I have learned also that to stop my eating disorder I have to stop bingeing.

So who is in? 21 days binge free? After that hopefully another 21 days and so on…

Tomorrow would be our day 1 if you want. I also opened a journal, but I am afraid nobody will read it.

I would love to do this as a group.

1234Amy
    Participant

I’m totally with you! I’ve never made it past 11 days without binging so I would definitely like to try for this.

After a week of good, binge free eating today, I completely messed up today. Work was super stressful and that always tends to put me over the edge unfortunately.

rainbows
    Participant

Yes, lets do this! I love the idea of everyone supporting each other on it. I’ve been binge free for 6 days now, but I’d have no problem calling tomorrow day 1 along with everyone else :)

Smiley1980
    Participant

I am glad you guys are joining.

I screwed up today already – GREAT! Weekends are so hard for me.

1234Amy
    Participant

smiley – I know. I almost never binge during the week now (which is an improvement) but Fri. Sat. or especially Sun. I’m still having a hard time. I’m really not even sure why. :?

It’s my birthday today, and I want the next 21 days to be my birthday present to myself. I’m hoping this year of my life is the year I put an end to binge eating. It is getting better, so I’m positive about this. :)

eemslo
    Participant

Smiley…don’t think for a moment that no one is reading your journal but it is a place for you to go daily and mark your progress so you are the most important person!!

I was wondering how everyone is going to help themselves with this 21 day challenge. I have removed all forbidden foods in my life and booted the scales out the front door.

Wishing everyone a loving and sane day.

Smiley1980
    Participant

1234Army Happy Birthday!!!! That would be the best gift ever to be binge free wouldn`t it?

So was wondering what I am doing. I am always feeling like I have to count calories to not gain. Maybe I am trying to just have 3 meals (I am better with 3 big meals instead of snacks), not weighing myself and just counting the 21 days.

eemslo thank you so much! You are so right, this should be my journal regardless if people read it or not.

I am really upset with myself for blowing the first day already. I know Monday til Friday won´t be much of a problem. I will go to the library later on and buy a book that was recommended in “brain over binge”. I hope this helps staying on track. I always have to read about my disorder somehow.

Maybe we just “check in” here daily to keep us on track.

Smiley1980
    Participant

eemslo what did you mean by you removed the forbidden foods? Did you get rid of trigger foods or do you mean all foods are allowed from now on?

eemslo
    Participant

Smiley..it means I can have anything and everything..This way the candy and ice cream aren’t dominate in my mind. I’m sitting here thinking that not one thing sounds good to binge on. I wish you the same.

Smiley1980
    Participant

That is so great!!!!

I will do the same thing, I am allowed to have everything, as long as I am hungry.

Tp90
    Participant

Im in day one should be good as we have the support here if we ever feel like binging

Smiley1980
    Participant

Great!!! Welcome, let´s rock this.

fixthis
    Participant

I’m joining as well!! I got a pool party at the end of the moth so I need to stop bingeing if I wana actually enjoy myself instead of being self conscious about how I look in my bathing suit.

And happy birthday 1234Amy!!!! :-)

e66
    Participant

Hello I would like to join this 21 day plan!, I will give it a go, won’t be on my own if I am posting here with you lot. Only thing is I could probably do it for 21 days having done it before, and longer, and of course started binging again, and put the weight back on. However having support is key, so here I am.!!

Smiley1980
    Participant

Day 1 – no binge!!! YEAH I am so happy.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.