How To Stop Eating

Tips to stop binge eating, stop overeating, stop emotional eating, stop eating fast food, stop eating junk food

112 lbs to 122 lbs

Home Binge Eating Forum Introductions 112 lbs to 122 lbs

This topic contains 23 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Lauren 3 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author

IThoughtIWasThin
    Participant

Rachel- if you were creeped out before, then this should put you over: i’m 15 going on 16 too!! except i’ll be a sophomore next year. and i totally get the summer-makes-it-worse thing. i have such an easier time when i fill my day with things to do, since that keeps me out of the kitchen. and when going out isn’t possible, i just try to stay in any room BUT the food room. it’s just too easy to get up and grab one more handful of cereal, or piece of bread, etc.!! it’s about 8:15 right now and i’m trying to decide if i’m hungry for breakfast. i still haven’t eaten anything but a peach and a big cracker since my 3:00 binge yesterday, so i feel like i should be hungry.. but i guess that’s where my problem starts, when i tell myself when i should or shouldn’t be hungry.

SP, JB, and jboo, thanks so much for your support!! it helps a lot, and i feel like i’m being held accountable for what i eat, and that’s certainly motivation!

Rachel
    Participant

Hahaha this is really weird. BTW i also have a cereal problem. I absolutely love it and could eat bowls and bowls of it! But now I don’t buy it and my brother hides his from me so I won’t eat it. Just thought I’d throw that out there.

I can’t wait till I have my restricted and can just leave and get away from the kitchen. Right now I’m stuck at home pretty much every day, so I just stay up late so that I’ll sleep in and won’t have as much time with the food when my parents aren’t home. Most of the time I stay in my room, but when I have to go to the bathroom I end up finding myself in the kitchen and I’m eating before I even realize it. fail.

Right now my big problem is thinking that the day is ruined once I mess up. So if I eat one bad thing I just end up binging.

Lauren
    Participant

Hey welcome to the forum! Just catching up on your new journal….how tall are you because 120 sounds like a fantastic weight to me! I hate reading how you and Rachel, being so young, are so caught up in the weight loss battle. I know its hard because you want your weight to go down to what it was, but really unless you get a grasp on having a healthy relationship with food now instead of just dieting, this is something that you may be struggling with 10 years down the road (at least in my personal experience). I know that I am finally free from that never-ending dieting and fear of food that I had for so long and would have loved to have nipped that out MANY years ago. So maybe you girls can use this forum not necessarily as a place to lose weight, but as a place to learn insight from others who have learned to eat intuitively everything in moderation… Big hugs and glad you girls are here with us! ~Lauren

IThoughtIWasThin
    Participant

i am 5’6”. i’m having trouble mostly because my clothes don’t fit.

Lauren
    Participant

Oh honey 120 pounds and 5’6 is an awesome weight…probably even below a healthy level as I know being 5’5 they recommend I weight around 120! I know you’re frustrated your clothes don’t fit, I was too, so maybe getting a few things that fit you know that you feel good in will help. I know I hated walking around in tight clothing so when I bought a few new things, it helped my confidence and took the pressure off weight loss. ~L

Rachel
    Participant

hey, i was just wondering how you’re doing?

IThoughtIWasThin
    Participant

sorry for the lack of replies. i’ve been doing pretty well except for a binge last sunday. it was major carbs… i was at a friend’s house. two bagels, lots of granola cereal with half and half because they were out of milk, 3 rice krispie treats… it was horrible. but i’ve been doing very well since then except for a few too many potatoes at dinner with my friend’s family. my weight hasn’t gone down, but i think that’s just due to menstrual stuff and a bunch of fluid intakes. how about you?

hlthwrtr
    Participant

Hi, there…

Just getting caught up with your journal, and I’m glad you’ve found people here who you identify with. I know that losing weight is top of mind right now, but seriously, speaking from experience, if you focus on the weight loss alone, if you diet long enough and finally do lose the weight, you’ll still be saddled with the exact same food issues and fears and OCD-like behaviors about eating. You will gain the weight back again, trust me. And you’ll be on a yo-yo course for years if you don’t, as Lauren said, address the underlying relationship with food first. Yes, your weight loss will be slower, but honey, at least that weight will STAY OFF, and you won’t have to keep reliving the same hell. As you get older, the weight will stick around longer, and other life issues will emerge and this binge eating disorder will be the bain of your existence. Nip this in the bud the right way now.

Try adding in binge foods like cereal and nuts, stuff you usually cram down, on a daily basis. Tell yourself that it’s not off limits and that you can always have more, so why eat the entire bag now. Practice that daily and you’ll be on your way.

I’ll be keeping up with you.

ChinaXO

Lauren
    Participant

Glad to hear you’ve been doing well! Keep up the great work! ~Lauren

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.